The 8th annual Credit Union SACTOWN Run generated more than $235,000 for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals across California and Nevada. A portion of the funds raised will support UC Davis Children’s Hospital.
More than 2,000 runners entered the race this year. Almost half of those participating were credit union employees and members. The event featured a 10-mile race, the UC Davis Children’s Hospital Miracle Mile fun run and fitness walk, a 5K and the “Homemade-Half Challenge,” the equivalent of a half-marathon.
The SACTOWN Run included:
- UC Davis pediatric cancer patient Angela House singing the national anthem
- UC Davis Children’s Hospital booth where UC Davis Health volunteers helped educate participants about healthy lifestyle choices
- UC Davis alumni and micro-preemie parents Mark and Melanie Payne and family participating in the 5K for “Team Cookie” in honor of their daughter Brooklyn
- UC Davis patient care services executive director Judie Boehmer running the 5K
- Satyan Lakshminrusimha, UC Davis chair of pediatrics and UC Davis Children’s Hospital medical director, speaking on behalf of UC Davis Children’s Hospital and participating in the check presentation
Credit unions and businesses in California and Nevada have raised more than $1.5 million over the past seven years for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals throughout both states. Major sponsors of this year’s event include California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues, CO-OP Financial Services, CU Direct, Golden 1 CU, Greater Nevada CU, First Tech FCU, Patelco CU, SchoolsFirst FCU, Travis CU, Wescom CU and Walmart. The SACTOWN Run is hosted by the Sacramento Running Association.